ManukaMed Application – 8 Easy Steps
8 Easy Application Steps Using ManukaMed
- Wash hands thoroughly, put on gloves.
- Cleanse the wound and skin with sterile saline, sterile water, or other appropriate wound cleanser.
- Gently dry the skin around the wound with a dry, sterile gauze.
- Protect the skin around the wound. Apply a thin layer of MANUKAderm as a skin protectant barrier (Note – an initial increase in exudates may occur with ManukaMed honey Dressing).
- Choose a ManukaMed dressing that is appropriate for the amount of drainage.
- Apply the appropriate ManukaMed dressing to fit the wound. Excess dressing can fold into wound or allow it to overlap periwound area.
- If not using MANUKAhd or MANUKAhd Lite apply a secondary absorbent dressing as needed.
- Dressing change: Gently remove dressing as needed. Moistening dressing with saline can ease removal